Public Transit not only provides basic mobility for many in our community, it is also essential urban infrastructure – just like roads, bridges, tunnels and utilities – that is crucial to the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of our region.
We have a right to a public mass transit system that includes:
- Safe, reliable, environmentally-sustainable and affordable transit that is accessible to all.
- Living wages, benefits, safe working conditions, and union rights for transit workers
- Dedicated and sustainable funding for public transit
- Equitable distribution of transit costs with corporations paying their fair share
- Transit that meets the needs of each community with no communities left out