OUR TRANSIT LINES ARE LIFELINES. JOIN PITTSBURGHERS FOR
PUBLIC TRANSIT TO HELP DEFEND THEM!
You’re invited to attend our general membership meeting on Saturday, September 21st at 10 AM at the Human Services Building in downtown Pittsburgh (One Smithfield St) to plan our fall actions to defend public transportation in our neighborhoods.
At the meeting, we will discuss ways that we can work together to…
- Help inform the public about the benefits of public transit to our community, economy and environment, including people who never take the bus.
- Mobilize our neighbors, fellow riders, and drivers to restore and improve service.
- Demand that corporations pay their fair share for the public infrastructure that transports their employees and customers.
- Start chapters in your own neighborhoods to focus on your specific concerns and mobilize your community.
- Build coalitions among all the diverse communities and organizations that benefit from public transit.
- Call on our elected officials to secure long-term, dedicated funding for public transit.
To find out how to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-518-7387.