Now in our 7th year, Pittsburghers for Public Transit is continuing the fight for equity, transparency and access for transit riders and residents across Allegheny County. Bus Lines are Life Lines, and we insist that riders, drivers and residents be at the table for decisions at the Port Authority, the URA, the city and the county that will affect their communities.
We couldn’t do the work we do without all of your support! We’re launching our fall fundraising drive today, and if you can, please donate to help keep the public in public transit! Your contribution goes directly towards grassroots organizing and keeping Pittsburghers for Public Transit robust and growing.
We have some really awesome gifts for you as well, including designs by local artists Christina Castillo and Nathan Van Patter as well as PPT buttons and transit haikus! :
For your support, we’d like to send you these gifts (see main image above for pictures and designs):
- For a, we’d like to send you a beautifully designed shirt by Christina Castillo, a local artist and organizer in Pittsburgh (We’ll be in touch with you for t-shirt sizes)
- For a we’d like to send you a t-shirt, a PPT button, and a transit haiku written by a talented PPT member just for you!
- For a , we’d like to send you 2 t-shirts, 2 PPT buttons, and a transit haiku written just for you!
- For a we’ll send you an awesome piece of art made by artist Nathan Van Patter, a wooden piece showing riders waiting at a bus stop
- For a we’ll send you an amazing 3-D piece, also by Nathan Van Patter, showing a streetscape with a Port Authority bus at the center
Also, save the dates for some upcoming events and fundraisers:
Come support the Smokestack and Lightning Benefit Concert to help raise money for both PPT and Casa San Jose on December 1st at 7:30pm at the Quaker Meeting House (4836 Ellsworth Avenue)
Join us for our Holiday Happy Hour at Mixtape on Thursday, December 14th at 5pm. We’re excited to be partnering with this great local bar that pays its workers a living wage. All “tips” from this month and that event will be going to PPT!