The Pittsburghers for Public Transit General Membership meeting is this Saturday, Dec.15th at 10 am, downtown at One Smithfield, in the Human Services Building, in the Liberty Conference Room, in the basement. There’s free parking at the building.
Here’s a brief summary of the agenda:
- Community organizers report: County Council hearing on UPMC, Sprout grant, legislative coalition meeting in Harrisburg, etc.
- Report on meeting with ATU International President Larry Hanley & ATU local leadership.
- Press conference and launch of Pennsylvanians for Public Transit in January with statewide coalition partners
- Draft calendar of direct organizing goals and events for spring: upcoming training schedule.
- Draft calendar of legislative campaign
- Introduction of Bob Schmitt of CAT as nominee to the Coordinating Committee – vote to take place in January.