If you live in the Hill District, or ride the 81, 82, 0r 83 Port Authority routes, you’re invited to attend the PPT Hill District chapter meeting on Monday, September 16th at 6:30-8pm at the Hill District Carnegie Library, 2177 Centre Ave.
At the meeting, we will discuss ways that we can work together to…
- Call on our elected officials to secure long-term, dedicated funding for public transit.
- Mobilize our neighbors, fellow riders, and drivers to defend, restore and improve public transit service in the Hill District.
- Demand that corporations such as the Penguins and UPMC pay their fair share of taxes for the public infrastructure that they profit from—and demand that public investment should mean public benefit!
- Build coalitions among all the diverse communities and organizations across Allegheny County to defend public transit.
- Work with other PPT chapters to help inform the public and our elected officials about the benefits of public transit to our community, economy and environment.
To find out how to get involved, please call 412-518-7387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.