You’re invited to attend the PPT Hill District Chapter meeting on Friday, October 18th, at 6:30 pm at the Hill House, Conference Room B, 1835 Centre Ave.
At the meeting, we will discuss ways that we can work together to…
- Mobilize our neighbors, fellow riders, and drivers to restore and improve service.
- Address the Hill District’s specific public transit concerns and mobilize with other chapters to support common concerns and actions.
- Build coalitions among all the diverse communities and organizations that benefit from public transit, in your neighborhood and across Allegheny County.
- Demand that corporations such as the Penguins and UPMC pay their fair share for the public infrastructure that transports their employees and customers.
- Call on our state elected representatives to secure long-term, dedicated funding for public transit to restore service reliability
- In response to proposed plans for a “bus free downtown,” a special focus of the meeting will be organizing to call on our elected representatives to
invite all major stakeholders to the planning table when considering major changes in transit routes and bus-stops. We call for inclusion of groups that have all too often been left out of such planning and decisions in the past .
To find out how to get involved, please call 412-518-7387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.